Responsible for raising over $300,000 annually through program based donations, direct mail campaigns, and on-site giving opportunities; determining yearly income projections for each program, developing general Annual Programs budget, and individual program budgets.
• Ran six unrestricted giving programs, each with their own style, procedure, and revenue stream. Combined 2007 income for programs totaled over $394,000 – 20% above combined program goals. It was the highest total year income in the Aquarium’s 10-year history.
• Wrote, edited, and produced direct mail solicitations, on-site signage, quarterly newsletters for specific programs and articles for Member Magazine as well as copy for website and press releases. Average direct mail solicitation was 55,000 households.
• Redesigned raffle program, working with American Honda Motor Company, Inc. to diversify prizes offered. Raised over $72,000 – highest income to date for this program—without raising raffle ticket price.
• Managed the Live and Silent Auction portion of the 2007 Sea Fare event, increasing the money raised from the auction by over $14,000. Also provided assistance to Development Event Manager in the leadership of committees, volunteers, advertising, and night of execution.
• Researched, designed, and implemented on-site donation program yielding $22,872 in FY06 and $32,884 in FY 07.
• Managed the design and printing of all materials for a minimum of three direct mail campaigns per year. Served as the liaison between Membership, Marketing, and Major Gift departments to ensure materials matched aquarium branding while meeting individual program needs.
• Worked with the Vice President of Development, Membership Director, and Major Gifts Manager to create a comprehensive plan for moving prospects from Membership through Annual Giving to Major and Planned Giving that focused on stewardship and solicitation.